The Atlanta Women’s Foundation’s Two-Generation Initiative is made possible through support from The Liz Blake Giving Fund. The Atlanta Women’s Foundation will be responsible for launching this pilot program in June 2023. Funding will support approximately four organizations focused on young moms ages 13-25 and their children. Most of these moms will have children between 0-3 years old.
Two-Generation Initiative Objectives:
• Developing linkages between high-quality early childhood development and workforce development services
• Ensuring the families have access to economic and social supports to support upward mobility while also assuring healthy child development
• Developing programs that help parents gain the skills, knowledge, and resources to support their child’s development
• Provide the added support and nurturing children with developmental delays need to reach milestones, gain confidence, and succeed in school and social settings
• Develop a body of knowledge about the potential causes and solutions and make these findings available to policy-making entities.
AWF applies a Collective Impact Approach to its grantmaking.
Project Goal 2023-2024
(Click each row to expand.)