Personal. Professional. Philanthropic.
Success isn’t just about what you accomplish in your life; it’s about what you inspire others to do.
Inspire Atlanta is an exclusive community impact program and fundraising campaign that supports The Atlanta Women’s Foundation. Each year, the Atlanta community nominates prominent women leaders, and AWF invites them to apply. Previous Inspire participants then select the top candidates to be a part of Inspire Atlanta in the coming year.
Through Inspire Atlanta, women will:
- Develop their talents to garner support that affects real change in the community.
- Learn about critical issues facing women and girls in the area.
- Explore their core values and chart their unique leadership path.
- Build a network of fellow female leaders and doers.
- Champion a fundraising campaign in support of The Atlanta Women’s Foundation.
Ideal Inspire Atlanta applicants are those who have:
- Passion for elevating women and girls, especially those affected by poverty.
- Desire to develop personally and use their talents to affect local change.
- Positions of leadership or are on leadership tracks within their workplaces.
- Previous volunteer work with nonprofits (fundraising experience a plus).
- Willingness to commit time and energy to complete the program.
- Support from their employers.
*Inspire Atlanta is a community impact program for professional and civic minded women in Atlanta, not a nonprofit training program. Nonprofit 501(c)3 employees will not be accepted due to a potential conflict of interest with the fundraising requirements.
The Inspire Atlanta Program develops women personally, professionally, and philanthropically.
Participants will manage a fundraising campaign on behalf of AWF, receiving benefits for their effort.
Personal — “Me"
Understand my core foundation that serves as my compass for setting the course of
my life and the impact I will have on my community.
Professional — “My Career"
Create a professional advantage and generate differential value by inspiring my
network to influence lasting community change.
Philanthropic — “My Community"
Develop my leadership action plan to drive the change I want to see in my community.
2023 Program Elements & Dates
Over the course of the five-month initiative, Inspire Atlanta participants will attend 9 sessions. In that time, they’ll explore their core values, network with fellow community leaders, develop a broader understanding of the issues Atlanta’s women and girls face and garner support for these issues through a fundraising campaign.
What Does Inspire Atlanta Mean for Me?
Campaign Kick-off- Thursday, January 26, 2:00-6:00PM
Orientation - Friday, January 27, 9:30AM-3:30PM
Constructing My Journey: Setting up for Success
Fundraising Campaign Workshop - Friday, February 10, 9:30-3:30PM
Walking in the Shoes of Those You're Supporting
Poverty Simulation - Saturday, February 11, 9:30-1:30PM
Harnessing How You Communicate Impact
HBDI Workshop- Friday, February 17
Mission Possible: My Efforts in Action
AWF Grantee Tours - Week of February 27 - March 3
Women on Board Workshop
Nonprofit Board Training - Friday, March 24, 9:30-3:30
Women's History Month
Grantee Webinar - March, TBD
Where We Are Today: Accelerating Tomorrow
Advocacy Training - Friday, April 19
All Women Forward
AWF's Women's Affinity Group Event - Date TBD
*reserved as a benefit for participants who meet a certain fundraising threshold by this date
Inspire Atlanta Celebration & Moving Forward
Celebration Event- Thursday, May 18
+Additional expanded education sessions will be offered throughout the program
For more information, please contact Shandy Arwood, Director of Community Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org.